Pages


Sunday, June 26, 2022

Rückenfigur: the zines

 

In an effort to calm pre-exhibition opening nerves, I’ve been keeping my hands busy and my brain reasonably focused by making a couple of eight-page mini-zines. 

Personally, I think zines are pretty cool, not that mine necessarily are. I do enjoy making them though, although it’s been awhile. In August a selection of my books and zines will be on display at the APW in Melbourne and over the next 6 - 12 months, two or three artist books are planned, so it’s good to be getting back in the zone. 


The zines shown here are illustrated with paintings from my show at Queenscliff Gallery and share the same title, Rückenfigur, which, as their subtitles reveal, loosely translates as “the turned figure’”. These are volumes 1 and 2. A third volume is in the pipeline.


The opening event for Rückenfigur, the exhibition, is this afternoon from 2 - 4 pm (see previous post). I know some of you are planning to attend and can’t wait to see you there.