Pages


Friday, March 11, 2022

More things BOOKISH


BOOKISH, a major exhibition of artist books by members of the Print Council of Australia opens at Melbourne Athenaeum Library on March 17. 


To mark the occasion, from 6pm on Wednesday March 23, the library will host an evening of artist’s talks and celebratory drinks. Invited speakers are Bronwyn Rees and myself. 


The talk is part of the 8th Melbourne Art Book Fair at the National Gallery of Victoria. Its a free event, but RSVPs are essential: 

9650 3100 or library@melbourneathenaeum.org.au.


Back in 2018, I was artist-in-residence at Melbourne Athenaeum Library during Melbourne Rare Book Week and am very much looking forward to returning, if only for an evening. 


Bronwyn and I will be veritable open books as we discuss the widely varied nature of artist books and the making thereof. My contribution will include a show and tell of the projects I worked on during my residency, together with a selection of lino blocks from Illustrated Women, a current artist book in progress. My unbound artist book, Leaves of Absence (2017), acquired by the library as part of my 2018 residency, will also be on display.


Photo 1, top: Lino block from Frankenstein’s Women, a project begun during my library residency; 

Photo 2, above: Pictured with my unbound artist book, Leaves of Absence at Melbourne Athenaeum Library in 2018. (Photo credit: Shane Jones);
Photo 3, below: Your invitation to BOOKISH artist talks and drinks.


For more about all things BOOKISH, scroll down to Blog Post Saturday March 5, or visit my book blog, Moth Woman Press, HERE

BOOKISH runs from 
March 17-19 and March 23-26 during library opening hours.