Pages


Tuesday, July 3, 2018

MULTIDISCIPLINARY ART MAKING, an artist talk for Melbourne Rare Book Week

Melbourne Athenaeum Library, my principal place of work during Melbourne Rare Book Week 2018

My residency at Melbourne Athenaeum Library is well and truly up and running. I've already met some terrific people, had many lively conversations and been gratified by the positive response to the work. At present I'm working on an artist book titled Progeny, one of two projects inspired by Mary Shelley's Frankenstein: a Modern Prometheus.

On Wednesday, July 4, from 6 - 7 pm I'm presenting an informal talk. My artist book, Leaves of Absence (2017) acquired last year by the library, will take centre stage, alongside Fallen Women, a small companion volume published early this year. (To preview Fallen Women, go HERE).

Tomorrow evening I'll discuss these and other Moth Woman Press publications, past, present and future. The event is part of Melbourne Rare Book Week. Attendance is free, but due to space restrictions, bookings are essential. For more about the talk, go HERE.

Wednesday, July 4, 6 - 7 pm
MULTIDISCIPLINARY ART MAKING
Speaker: Deborah Klein
Presented by Melbourne Athenaeum Library
Level 1
188 Collins Street
Melbourne 3000
Phone (03) 9650 3100
Or book online HERE.