Pages


Saturday, November 18, 2023

Interview at ABC Ballarat and WHEREABOUTS Curator’s Talk

At ABC Ballarat early this morning I chatted with morning presenter Matt Tribe about books, film, the visual arts, travel and numerous other interests and influences on my work - in particular on my linocut Swan Lake, part of the new exhibition Whereabouts: Printmakers Respond at the Art Gallery of Ballarat

Thanks to the warm welcome I received from Matt and his technical assistant, Gav, I had such a good time, I completely forgot to feel nervous. 


The link to the program is here:

https://www.abc.net.au/listen/programs/saturday-breakfast/deborah-klein/103121864



Whereabouts
, an exhibition comprising works by 56 Victorian printmakers, opened today. 

In the afternoon from 2 - 3 pm we attended Whereabouts curator Rona Green’s engaging and informative talk about the background to the exhibition, the artists involved and the various techniques employed in their works. 


The exhibition is superb, a celebration of printmaking in all its forms. 


Installation views will follow shortly. 




Pictured above L-R: Whereabouts artists Miranda Costa, Rona Green and myself. The works behind us from L-R are Rona’s, mine and Miranda’s.


Whereabouts: Printmakers Respond runs from 18 November 2023 - 4 February 2024. 


See my previous post for further details, including a complete list of artists.