Pages


Sunday, September 6, 2020

Father’s Day


I’ve had this photograph of myself when very young for many years. I have no idea of where it was taken. It looks to be somewhere in central Melbourne, possibly Collins Street? Ironically, I’m standing outside what appears to be an art gallery. If anyone can shed any light on the location and even better, identify the gallery, I’d be most grateful.

Recently I made the most wonderful discovery. Hovering in the top left-hand corner, barely in the picture plane, is the profile of my late father, Ron Klein. Evidently his head was concealed by the frame that usually houses the photo. He died suddenly in 1978, when I was still living in London. It’s as if he’s been watching over me all these years and I never knew it. Well, I do now. Happy Father’s Day, Dad.