Pages


Sunday, July 17, 2016

Studio Visitors


L-R: Madeline, Calvin, Nic, Alex, Alicia and Gillian

Much as I enjoyed my trip to Sydney (see previous two posts) there's no place like home. It's been good to be back at work this week, making slow, but steady progress on a new painting.

On Monday, July 11 I welcomed a special of group of visitors to the Ballarat studio: five students from Huntingtower Co-educational Day and Boarding School, together with their teacher, Gillian Nix. I showed them some examples of my print-based work (currently they are studying linocuts with Gillian). Some students brought along their workbooks; I very much enjoyed seeing the development of their own works. It was a pleasure to meet them all, and I hope they enjoyed their visit as much as I did.

L-R: Calvin, Madeline, myself, Alex, Alicia and Nic. (Photo credit: Gillian Nix)

Madeline, me and Alicia. (Photo credit: Gillian Nix)

L-R: Me, Madeline, Calvin, Nic, Alex and Alicia. (Photo credit: Gillian Nix)

L-R: Me, Madeline, Calvin, Nic, Alex and Alicia. (Photo credit: Gillian Nix)

This was Gillian's second visit to the studio. In 2014 she came with another equally delightful group of students from Huntingtower. I hope that next time it won't be so long between visits.