Pages


Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Wattle Blue Butterfly Winged Woman





This newly completed painting is a commission that came out of my recent exhibition at Chrysalis Gallery - I'm just about to deliver it, and hope their client will like it.

The Wattle Blue is a South Australian butterfly, so called because of its favourite habitat, the glorious Australian Wattle Tree. For me its personal significance is twofold. I have just returned from a short trip to Quorn and Adelaide in SA, reuniting with family members, and wattle is one of my favourite flowers. The butterfly was sourced from an excellent textbook on South Australian butterflies purchased from the South Australian Museum. 

So ends my last project for 2010, as the countdown to Christmas, already well under way, continues….

Pictured above: Wattle Blue Winged Woman, 2010, 36 x 36 cm, acrylic on linen. Completed work and some developmental stages. Top image by Tim Gresham.